Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Its been a week already


I just realized it has been just over a week since I last posted an entry. Wow - sorry to those of you who check in daily to keep up on the ever exciting details of our little world. Both of you must be anxious to hear how we are (HA I know I'm funny).

We have been very busy. I grew as a person - really truly I did.

It is a bit of an involved story but I was feeling very sorry for myself. I won't go into the gory details but I have struggled with settling into life as a stay at home mom. I see women all around me who have done it extremely gracefully but alas I am not one of them. I was in a bit of a funk on Saturday and so naturally I did what most women do and I blamed it on my husband (I'm kidding - well mostly).

We drove out to Mom and Dad's to help them get dinner organized for the visitors they were having over night. They were having a married couple and three children from the African Children's Choir. The choir preformed at our church Sunday morning. These kids are from Uganda (the land that Idi Amin terrorized). These children are beautiful and amazing and come from extreme poverty and uncertainty. My problems suddenly seemed extremely unimportant.

Then I read an email from my Aunt. My family lives in a country being run by a man who is outdoing Amin. Daily life is a struggle and is getting harder by the day.

And I complain about not feeling actualized as a professional! OF ALL THE NERVE. I feed my kids - daily - and not just feed them - I feed them well. Wow! If we lived where these little children live I would only have one child to feed.

Don't worry I realize that life is hard no matter where you are and that we all have struggles. I just think it does us all good to realize what is positive in our lives and to reflect on the seriousness of the struggles in other parts of the world.

This has been a bit deep for me so I'll have to take a vacation now. Growing as a person is very taxing. We are headed to Saskatchewan to visit with family. We haven't had any non-hospital breaks as a family in well over a year - so this should be fun. So if you don't hear from me for a while it isn't because I am maturing (although I just might) but more likely I'm having some fun with my family. Just one more privilege for which I am thankful.

1 comment:

Ian said...

You might be surprised how many people check your blog Roberta! It is an encouragement to me, so thank you for sharing.
I hope you enjoy your family gathering. Andrew, Aiden, Jess and Sheena are stopping by our place on the way there (after they visit your brother Tom in Edmonton on the way).
Blog some pictures of the reunion, okay.