Thursday, November 01, 2007

Candy




Last night we struggled our little pirate into his costume and started convincing him he was to go out and trick or treat. I explained as I was setting our candy out - that other houses had candy too and he was to go to their doors and say "trick or treat" and they will give him candy in his bag. He looked at me and said - but we have candy here.

Finally, after a fair bit of wrangling and fussing we got the kids out the door. We did about 8 houses on our corner of the street. We came back to the house and I thought we'd come in but Gavin wanted to go to "another neighbours house." I think after about the 3 house the lights went on and he discovered that he was getting candy from these neighbors.

We dropped Bronwyn off and continued on to do more damage. It was really fun - he was pretty darn cute - even if I am his mommy. The little spider in the picture is Max, Gavin's buddy from across the street. And just so you know that Bronwyn didn't go out bare legged - this was just for the photos.

Last night Bronwyn for some reason was not willing to go to bed. She was full of party. We ended up taking her to bed with us as she played and bounced around between us. At one point she stood up in between us and I said firmly - Bronwyn it is time to go to sleep. She lifted her finger to her mouth and said - shhhh. (Grandma taught her that).

Both of my kids have head colds. I feel like they have been sick for weeks. I am frankly really tired of it. But they are both still in pretty good spirits even though they are drippy, runny kids.

3 comments:

Lin said...

Awesome pirate costume! Did you make both of the costumes! Impressive, halloween is so much fun! It is funny when they start to realize the idea of going to peoples houses. Jac loved it! Hope your kids feel better and happy belated b'day to Gavin!

Davis Family said...

No I didn't make either costume. The pumpkin we bought when Gavin was a baby and the pirate was Wes' creation. He researched and built it. I did nada!!

Ian said...

Congratulations to Wes on his creation. Do you get to "inspect" all their candy like I did when my kids went trick or treating?