Saturday, March 22, 2008

Lovely saturday morning




It seems - so far - to be a pretty nice day. I think we'll take the kids for a little walk. I am slowly getting my energy back - its been a pretty long haul. I'd like to thank everyone for their well wishes and thoughts. I greatly appreciate it.

Lately at night I am so tired I just take Gavin to bed with me and we do a few puzzles and he reads and plays while Mommy tries to go to sleep. The other night I was starting to fall asleep while Gavin chattered away to me. Thankfully I wasn't in the state of drowsiness where I start saying - Uhhuh and Mmmm to everything.

He started saying that at his birthday he would get a cow, and that he would keep it in the back yard and it would eat the weeds that grow in the back yard. Now as logical as that may sound to a very drowsy mommy there was still the little matter of the poop. I couldn't imagine he had factored that in.

I very carefully said - Just so there is no misunderstanding, you are not getting a real cow for your birthday - not this year - not ever.

Now if we lived on a farm I wouldn't have drawn such a hard line - but since we live in the middle of Calgary and I don't even like most the cats in our neighborhood, I thought a cow might be overkill.

Bronwyn doesn't tell long stories or ask for cows yet - but I am sure she will - one day! She is getting bigger and is developing such a personality. She is a bit spoiled - ahem!

Grandma and Grandpa gave the kids a fiver each for Easter. I thought they might enjoy going to the dollar store and blowing it. Gavin is just learning about money and how to use it - so I thought it might be a fun experience for him. Bronwyn, well, she just enjoys anything that she does with her brother.

No comments: