Saturday, March 29, 2008

Busy week






We have had a pretty busy week. I thankfully had a couple of good days - not all of them were good - but thankfully at least a couple were.

The highlight of the week was on Wednesday. Natasha (our neighbour) and I took Max and Gavin downtown to the Jack Singer to see Sid and Patty from CBC kids (the morning show Gavin watches). Bo on the go and Curious George were also there (well people dressed up in costumes like them). Because it was downtown we decided to take the boys on the c-train. It was a hoot. The kids loved it. I think the train was almost more exciting than the show. It was a very nice experience and they enjoyed it a great deal.

The low point of the week was yesterday. I had to take Bronwyn in for a test. She has an on-going bladder issue that needed to be checked. It is an ugly ugly test. It is uncomfortable and distressing for her.

It is really stressful to watch her be so distressed and have her look at you and expect you to help her. I am supposed to be her safest person and protect her and here I am watching while these nasty people poke, prod and mess with her. Now I know that it is all in her best interest, but I also know that she has no way of understanding that. She just got lost of hugs and cuddles after the ordeal.

It is a grey day today - but the good news is that spring is coming! I have a couple little crocuses (wow - how do you do the plural of crocus?) popping out through the ground. The tulips are starting to come too. So cold weather or not - spring is coming!


1 comment:

Ian said...

Things are bursting out all over and I suppose that you will look just swell pretty soon too!