Thursday, April 03, 2008

Bright days ahead




The kids and I had a pretty busy day today - the best news - I felt pretty good. I am now tired, but considering how yucky I was feeling this was amazing.

I had an ultrasound yesterday and a doc appointment today - all looks good so far. It is way to early to tell if this baby has any heart issues - but we will be looking into that down the road. I was just amazed at how clear this ultrasound was. The first and only ultrasound I had with Gavin was pretty mysterious. I couldn't figure out which end was up, let alone how that could possibly be a human. I think the huge number of echos (which appear just like an ultrasound) I had before Bronwyn was born helped me learn how to pick things out. It was great to see this new little baby just moving and clapping - seriously the baby was clapping!

The kids and had a quick trip to the park today as the weather was nice and a bit of a visit with Max too. I don't know what the fascination with piling gravel on a slide is - but wow - every kid I have ever met loves to do it! Bronwyn is no exception.

I have also been watching the situation in Zimbabwe with keen interest. It is seriously crazy! Those of you who pray, pray now for this beleaguered country. I would love to see some change in a way that doesn't cause wide spread violence. Harare, the capital, where these journalists were staying is where my family lives. Scary!

Our peaceful little day seems somehow very ironic considering the turmoil and distress in Zimbabwe. But, the population there and my family are heavy on my heart and mind. I pray that positive change will come soon.

No comments: