Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bronwyn recovering


There has been a bit of a strange dynamic in our house today. I told Gavin he had to be very careful and gentle with Bronwyn today because she would be sore. Bronwyn who heard that understood it to me that today things were to go her way (or the highway). There is an old English murder mystery series - Rumpold of the Bailey (I think). He used to call his wife "She who must be obeyed." Well today that could have been Bronwyn's title.

I am hoping that tomorrow she is a little less tyrannical. For today I was just happy to see her feel so well.

Speaking of tyrants I may become one if I hear the term "a historical" event one more time. Really - what is wrong with "an historic?" Not fancy enough? Does the al add any value? Between hearing this repetitively yesterday and the coffee shop that WAS OUT OF CREAM (Really, I'm not making that up), I was just about driven around the bend while waiting for Bronwyn's cath to be finished.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh well. You do know your language is full of archaisms. And you will always remember the exact day of Obama's historic inaguration because it was a historical day for Bronwym and her family too!
Love the way you talk.
Joan

Julie Reid said...

He he he, I find you historically hilirious! How's that for terrible!? Glad she who must be obeyed is feeling so good and all went well. (I mean Bronwyn not you!!) Ha ha

Drew and Erin said...

Your gal is too funny. Love the picture - it sums it all up!

Gavin's Mama said...

Glad to see that Bronwyn is doing so well!! Sending lots of hugs your way...

Anonymous said...

that is too funny! i was actually wondering how she was doing because quinn was just a nightmare today after going to the hospital twice this week! in a way they sort of deserve to be a little bit demanding after dealing with all the poking and prodding, don't you think?
take care,
kim

jenn with two n's said...

Glad that Bronwyn is doing so well. I too love your writing style.