Friday, January 16, 2009

When I was a kid

I was the youngest of three. I loved my family. I enjoyed being part of my family and I thought that we were the most important people in the world. In fact, my family was the most important thing in my world.

It has been so much fun watching my kids and how they relate to each other. Gavin and Bronwyn play pretty well together. Of course they fight, but they laugh too. Bronwyn often wants to tell Gavin off or say NO to him, but she also copies everything he does and follows him every where. Both Gavin and Bronwyn fawn over Mari, particularly Gavin. They talk to her and get right in her face. I'm sure it is as scary as heck to Mari. Gavin just loves it if Mari smiles at him.

Bronwyn just figured out that Mommy has a name too. She told me I was "Gamma's Bonwyn." So I explained that I was Grandma's daughter, but my name is Roberta. So she has taken to calling me "Mommy Berta." Of all the cheek.

I don't often take the time to slow down and really listen and watch the kids. When I do it is usually worth it.

I'm proud of my little monsters. They may not be perfect but their mine!

1 comment:

Jilly said...

Your kids are adorable AND extremely sweet Roberta! You have a lovely family!