Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year




Wow - 2009 - already! I was thinking the other day how time used to just crawl when I was a kid. I remember feeling like Christmas holidays would never end, and now they just fly by so fast I can't even remember what we got up to.

The kids do seem to be over their nasty flu bug. Seems like everyone with little kids was dealing with some sort of illness this year. I think it is Santa Claus. I mean, does he wash his hands after ever plate of cookies?

We had a really nice New Year's Eve. Matt, Natasha, Max and Isaac (Agac - as Bronwyn calls him), came over with great eats. Natasha went way over board and provided super great treats - spoiled us totally. All of my contributions came from a box in the freezer.

The kids had a blast playing and I dragged Natasha into my families tradition of the yearly jigsaw puzzle.

The kids did really well and stayed up pretty late - which is actually pretty normal for our crowd, but even Isaac was still going strong when they left at 10 pm.

We are excited for the new year. There will be a lot going on this year. My January calendar is already filling up. I have to get Gavin registered for Kindergarten (yes this early). Bronwyn, has a date for her heart cath. later in January, and another follow up appointment.

Our hope for all our loved ones is that 2009 is a good year, full of joy and love.

No comments: