Monday, January 12, 2009

It never stops




I thought after Christmas that we'd settle into a boring but much needed break in January. Well I was wrong. We have doctors and dentists and schools and friends and family and well... LOTS.

I feel like we've been going full tilt since mid last week. So tomorrow I think I'll pack up the kids and head to Mom and Dad's take a bit of a break from the whole business.

I signed Gavin up for Kindergarten today. I can't believe this is happening - but he's growing up whether I like it or not. I am just praying he likes kindergarten more than playschool. I am so tired of fighting to get him to playschool - it just wears me down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roberta -
Although I always read your blog, I seldom comment - thought today was a great day to wish you health and happiness in 2009 and also say congratulations on your beautiful family. Your posts are wonderful and keep me in reality when sometimes I forget :-) I also had to say that I registered Jacob in kindergarten yesterday and can't believe he could possibly be ready. Ok, maybe it's me who is not yet ready but there you are... relating to all parents who have "been there and done that". Andrew, my oldest, is in kindergarten this year and preschool was horrible for him. He cried each day and then "snap" kindergarten has been a total joy. I hope the same for Gavin- they can mature right before our eyes and then when they say "Mommy, I don't need a hug before school" my heart almost longs for the neediness again. Ah, irony is never far away! Take care and as we expect our third and final addition, I'll enjoy reading your blog. Holly