Thursday, June 18, 2009

A head injury waiting to happen

That is our Mari! She is pulling herself up to everything, getting on her feet - her tiptoes actually. She pulls herself up to the end table and then wobbles wildly as she releases her grip to try and grab whatever she can get her hands on. Today we had several pretty serious tumbles.

Bronwyn is sick tonight - not sure why or whats wrong - just keeping an eye on her.

Earlier Gavin was upset that I wouldn't let him do something. So he said to me, "If you don't let me do this I will... I will pull down my pants."

That is now our favourite threat! I told Wes on his way home that he better be here before dinner or I'd pull my pants down. Is that too much of a visual for most of you? Well it should be.

I pulled out an old exercise tape this morning. I am so in need of some exercise and I get so little. I was watching these willowy young things do these series of stretches to peaceful music. I looked around me and realized how opposite to this in every way was my situation. I am not willowy - more baobaby (OK I know that is not a word). I am not in any kind of shape these days. Nor is my surrounding peaceful. I had the older kids jumping around me trying to also do the exercises, while Mari was screaming and screaming trying to get to me. Once she got to me she cried and cried once I put her down.

Well at least I tried eh?

3 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

I totally know what you mean. I did find some kid and family work out videos at our library and I try to do them with the kids. They like them and learn new movements. Usually only 1 of the 3 is into it, but each bit helps and it's fun together. Just a thought.

Ian said...

Or you could learn to just be satisfied with the shape that you are in.

Anonymous said...

I also enjoy watching exercise videos. I think that watching must somehow put something into your body that is good for you!
Ha Ha
Hope
PS I think you're beautiful!!