Monday, June 08, 2009

A new week




So here we are - Monday. A new week has started. Wes is back at work, our usual weekend chaos is over and we are having a pajama day. The kids, who normally start the day with "Where are we going today Mom?", today asked, "Can we stay in our pajamas today?"

We are having a basement pajama party. Wes set up an old TV of ours and the VHS recorder. So we are watching old movies and hanging in our pajamas. These are the days that I always pray a parcel doesn't arrive or the gas man doesn't come.

We had a super nice, if cold and snowy, weekend. Well, once we got over Mommy's very grouchy spell on Saturday morning. Wes took Gavin and Mari out for to the library while I slept with Bronwyn. I was a much nicer Roberta after that. The only real casualty seems to be my begonias - I forgot to cover them. Oh well.

Hope, Darcy and kids came on Saturday night for a much overdue and enjoyed visit. Yeah for good friends!

I made curtains for our basement window on Sunday. I don't sew much so it was a bit of a trial. To my credit most of the really bad language swirling around in my head didn't come out of my mouth. A bit of a triumph that!

I just have to put some loops on the back and we can hang it up. I'll get pictures when I am done. So you can all see my masterpiece (s). Next time I decide to make curtains, someone remind me of how frustrating it is.

Bronwyn is wearing her underwear this morning. So I am waiting for her to say - "Mommy ma poop." Which means that she has already peed in her pants. Its just a matter of time.
For those of you who are keeping track - no we haven't heard from Edmonton yet.

Mari is pulling herself up on things and trying to stand. She is nuts!! She has a high pitch scream - the kids say she sounds like a baby pterodactyl.

No comments: