Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My kids made me coffee

Often in the morning the kids wake up while I am nursing Mari and they come pile in bed with us. If Mari isn't awake before they come she is very soon after their arrival. Most days we play and talk in bed for a while. I endure a lot of elbows and kicks and other unintentional injuries.

This morning Gavin decided that he and Bronwyn were going to go make me my coffee. I told him not to - that I'd get it in time. But he insisted. They trotted off down the hall and pushed their little chairs up to the counter.

I couldn't tell if he was using real coffee or instant (I use instant when I have milk coffee). I got a little worried about what exactly they were doing. I got up and checked in the kitchen. He had pulled out my little single cup coffee maker and had got the coffee from the freezer. He had already added the water to the coffee maker, and had a cup in the right place to collect the coffee.

He was adding the grounds to the holder. I checked and he was doing a great job - he hadn't emptied the old grounds out (his mother is lazy and doesn't do this right after making my coffee - not his fault I'm lazy). So I did that for him.

The only other issue that I had was the dirty cup that he chose to use. I understood though, he can't reach the cupboard with the clean cups and this one was on the counter.

I was actually pretty darn impressed with the two of them. Bronwyn was helping out like a good little assistant.

Clever little monkeys!

No comments: