Monday, September 28, 2009

Update

Bronwyn had her surgery. She went in at 12:30 ish and they brought her into the PICU at about 5 pm. She is doing well. She is very thirsty and in some discomfort. They hope to manage her pain tonight and just before we left they started giving her water.

We have come home to get some sleep. They urged us to leave her tonight. It was hard but best for her. They will keep her quiet and resting.

This doesn't get easier, in fact, this was a very tough day.

Dr. Rebeyka was very pleased with how everything went. So far she is keeping up her reputation as a superstar.

We are very proud of her.

My prayer last night and today was for God to smooth our path. I am happy to report that while our path was unpleasant it was smooth.

Thanks be to God!

5 comments:

Joan Bailey said...

Oh Roberta
I am so thankful the surgery went well and so sorry the day was so hard. What a precious little girl God has chosen you to look after. I pray the pain of these days will pass quickly for her and soon you will watch her glowing eyes at a Wiggles concert. I will be praying especially for deep soul soothing for you and Wes. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking and praying for you guys!! She is sure a brave little girl. Glad the surgery went well!
Amy Flitton

erinlo said...

Woohoo!!! I am so glad and relieved to hear that Bronwyn is doing so well. You guys have been on my heart so much! I can not imagine how difficult it would be to leave my baby at the hospital and my heart aches thinking of how hard it must have been for you. Please know that you continue to be covered in prayer. You guys are loved by so many!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to read that everything is going well. Our prayers are with all of you. Love Rick; Val & Meaghan

Drew and Erin said...

We are so glad to hear that everything went well yesterday. We will continue to pray for a smooth and speedy recovery and that you will have your little princess back to her old self soon. We will pray God continues to keep your path smooth despite such difficulties. Miss you guys.