Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Wow it has been a week


Time seems to be just flying and yet... last week felt like one of the longest in my life. I feel like I am working again - tied to a schedule. What a bummer.

It has been an adjustment for the whole family, this school business. But things are coming. Gavin is still reluctant to let us leave him there but once he gets over his initial anxiety he enjoys himself and he's always happy and babbling about everything he did when I pick him up.

Gavin's big interest these days is Checkers. He is good too. He beat me tonight. I mean he is really good (I'd rather say that than admit that an almost five year old can beat me with little effort).

Bronwyn is doing great. Waiting! She talks so much these days. Talks and talks and talks and talks - not all the time but when she gets on a roll - whew!

Mari is getting so cute. She can stand on her own now. A bit wobbly but she can do it. If you start to sing she begins bouncing and singing along. She is very responsive to music. She just watches the other two and just wants to do what they are doing. Mari is a very observant and curious little girl.

Me, well I have been making crab apple jelly. We have a large tree in our back yard but we have never bothered collecting the apples before. This year we did. They are small and tart. I made one batch of jelly, just from the apples I could pick from the ground with the kids. Wes got so excited by this that he went and picked more. Two large buckets more. Gee thanks honey!

So I have been making jelly for days, I can't devote a lot of time to it. Mostly if the kids are napping or asleep at night. Anyhow, if you want some give me a call - but I won't ship it so out of town folk are out of luck.

So as you see life is ticking on, nothing new, nothing exciting and yet every day is a new adventure.

No comments: