Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lazy weekend

We have been enjoying the laziest weekend on record. We've done nothing productive. The house is a disaster and we've loved it.

We started it off by allowing the kids to stay up late and watch most of the Olympic opening ceremonies. Which were super great by my estimation. Failing hydraulics aside I was truly impressed.

I got the kids to join me in my favourite sport - judging the outfits of all the nation's teams as they entered the stadium. My favourites were Slovenia (I think that was the name - who knows with all these emerging new nations) and it pains me to admit this but also the Germans. Nice job to both of those countries. The kids really got into it. We were doing thumbs up and thumbs down for the outfits. But every team got a great big cheer.

The kids were all sitting on their little chairs and they would cheer wildly and dance around shouting "Yeah, yeah." Mari was also very excited. She sat there and every now and again with little or no prompting would throw her arms in the air and yell "Yahhh." We'd all laugh and then join her. So fun.

Other than that there was some wrestling, reading, movie watching, trips out and about for life's little necessities. And finished with waffles for dinner this evening.

Nice weekend in all. We really can't afford to be this lazy every weekend. But it is super nice once and a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like our day yesterday. We went to church, out for lunch, home to be lazy, ran out to get take out for supper, watched the moguls, Cool Runnings and then our recorded Opening Ceremonies - which were absolutely amazing! Great Olympic Day! Loved it! Lazy is the best thing to do in February.
Hope

Joan Bailey said...

Oh my goodness. There is no accounting for taste. We always choose the best outfits in the parade and for us it was Canada all the way. Almost always is.I had better have a talk with Bronwyn.