Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Short note

Just a short update - Bronwyn is still holding strong. I spent sometime with her this evening and I was struck by the fact that my stability and happiness has over the last few weeks been as fragile or strong as a 7 & 1/2 lb. baby girl! She is doing well - so I am doing well. They are planning on taking the breathing tube out tomorrow - that will be a big step. I am excited to see how she does tomorrow. She is ready to be sent back to the NICU but they are short on beds there - so she is just hanging in the PICU until they have some room.

Melissa, the teenager who is waiting for a heart, had an operation today to install a Berlin heart. This is an external pumping machine that will help her heart continue to operate until a heart becomes available. This is good news as it should prevent complications that occur when her heart stops. The surgery went well and this should help her stay in relative good health until her transplant. I don't have any news on baby Quinn for now.

Tomorrow could be a big day for Bronwyn so I will report more later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that Bronwyn is such a little tough nut. Everyday we pray for her. I miss you guys so much! I can't wait until you are all back home. We will see you all on September 9th.

Love & hugs,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear there is some good news for Melissa. Will continue to hope and pray for Quinn. Our thoughts are with you all day today as Bronwyn continues her healing process!
All our love,
Kim, Lindsey, Aiden and Liam
(and the hounds too)

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that you are doing well. We are all so very happy for your family. It is obvious that you have got a fighter on your hands...that should be fun when she is two!
:-) Always good to hear from you guys!
Hope

Anonymous said...

Awesome news Roberta. Bronwyn's a trooper that's for sure.

Always in our thoughts,
The Gambles