Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Tomorrow is the big day

Hello all - I don't have any news to report except that our girl is still stable and in good condition for the surgery. She is going in tomorrow at 7 am and will likely be done around 11 or noon. We are extremely positive that all will go well - of course we are extremely nervous and anxious - but positive!

On the home front we have had an interesting day or so. It is a long story but our power was cut off (a bit of a mix up) any way we have been without power for the last 30 hours. Our neighbor who is on the condo board suggested we plug an extension cord into the hall plug in - so we had light and I was able to get my breast pump working - thank heavens.

By the way (those of you who are squeamish - don't read this) - my son has a fascination with the breast pump. He runs into the bedroom when I am pumping in the morning yelling - I pump, I pump. It is a very interesting machine to a near two year old.

Last week when Joan was up visiting - Mom, Joan and I had been to see Bronwyn - on the return to the car I was feeling a bit emotional and was crying. I guess my eyes were red. I pulled up to the pay booth and the girl in the booth asked me what was wrong - I just stared blankly at her and said "Sorry?" - she said your eyes they are red. I said - Yes I have been crying. She asked why. I said my daughter is in the hospital. She asked if she was sick and I said yes. Well long story short she waved me through and didn't make me pay. It was quite a funny experience. Last night the same gal was at the window. She remembered me and asked me how my daughter was. I told her she was having surgery Thursday. She said "She'll do well - you just need to pray." I guess I am telling this story to let you all know that we have been getting support from all sorts of places. Even the parking attendants care about our daughter's success.

We know that so many of you will be thinking of us tomorrow. We need you to all know how much we appreciate your support and love. We are going to face tomorrow with as much bravery as we can muster and we are encouraged and heartened by all the well wishes.

Even our neighbors here at the condo are doing there best to take care of us.

We love you all and will do our best to keep you updated on our sweet girls progress.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Davis family (including grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins etc.) Tomorrow is the 'big day' for sure as there are going to be so many prayers for you and your lovely little girl. We think of you often and are praying for everything to go just as you hope and wish. We will also pray for Quinn and his family. Thanks for keeping us informed. We send our love,
Kevin and Patti C.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Roberta.

Gavin is too funny - what a character!

Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and strength your way. We're all rooting for you and your little Bronwyn. All the best tomorrow and the days ahead.
-Sue & Dalton

Anonymous said...

We've been praying for you and your precious little girl and continue to pray that surgery goes as planned and that she has a quick and full recovery. Thanks for keeping us all up-to-date on your situation.
Steve, Linda, Dayna, Lisa and Trevor Aasen

Anonymous said...

Hello Davis Family. I'm just looking at the clock and it is a little after 10:00 and I'm thinking the surgery will soon be over for your little Bronwyn. Our prayers are for you, Bronwyn, the Drs and staff and all who will be watching over her following the surgery. We appreciate your updates and continue to keep you in our prayers. God Bless