Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Long weekend




We had a lovely long weekend. Wes was home all weekend so we did lots of family stuff. We didn't do as much yard work as we had planned (it rained). We ate more than we planned. We visited with family and friends (more than we planned). We cleaned the house and the kids ( a couple of times - again more than we planned).

All in all a wonderful weekend.

(The wonderful part doesn't extend to today - today was awful - but maybe I'll go into that another time - maybe not we'll see how I feel in a few days. Oh, except the party we had today - that was fun).

3 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

I wanted to send you this message in case you don't go back to the comments on my blog. About your incident...
Sorry Berta- I'm sure that was awefull. I know the time Ivan's elbow went out when I was trying to drag him in the house I felt so horrible. Nothing describes the feeling of thinking you've hurt your child. I also smashed Aunt Marj's fingers once in the car door. It was horrific. Just know: YOU ARE A GOOD MOM. It could have happened to anyone. He still loves you and always will and so do all of us. Feeling your pain.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Angela - it does help to hear I am not the only Mom who has accidentally injured her kid!

To everyone else - I admitted to Angela earlier that I had shut the door and Gavin's fingers were caught in between the door and the frame! I know I cried more than he did!

Berta

Eric said...

That first pic just kills me.

When thinking of the physical pain we accidentally cause our children do not even compare the psychological damage we do to them.