Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A minute or two of rest



The girls are both asleep and Gavin is at playschool. I have to rouse everyone in about 15 minutes to go pick Gavin up - but for now ahhh...

Mari is doing well. She hasn't gained weight as fast as I would have liked and that is why I think she isn't sleeping so well yet. I am sure once she gets a bit of pudge on her she'll be the sleeper we were hoping for. If she isn't? Well, she'll have to start sleeping at some point - they always do.

I have been a bit, dare I say, grumpy today. Not really, but the kids have all had head colds and it snowed (wet drippy snow), and Gavin didn't want to go to preschool and was dragging his feet, and they all fell asleep in the car, and the van got all muddy in the parking lot at the preschool, and ... well for now I am making the most of my down time to improve my attitude. Breath, one two three - isn't that how it goes.
Actually, I am surprise at how few rushed and upset times I have with the kids. We made a snowman this morning - I tried to help but Mari was in the snugly and would protest every time I bent over.

Bronwyn is talking more and more but she is economical in her word usage. She has certain words that have multiple meanings - you just have to figure out which meaning. For example, the other night she confounded her dad in the middle of the night. She had called out for him and when he went to check on her she asked for yogurt. He was confused and asked her what she wanted. She repeated - yogurt. He couldn't figure out why she wanted yogurt in the middle of the night. Just when it was about to become an issue I yelled from the other room - she wants water Wes. Yes, she calls water - yogurt, unless of course she actually wants yogurt - that is yogurt too. There are several words that are like this - confusing?? A bit.

Well, it is time now to go get the boy! Must run.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Nice to see you still have time to blog and I'd say you sound really sane!! I love the word usage story, made me giggle. I don't know that we had exactly that issue, but the interpretation of the sound of a word could always be confusing. It's so fun watching them learn!