Monday, November 08, 2010

Falling back






The dreaded time change happened this weekend. It is so hard on the kids. Today Bronwyn fell asleep after school. You wouldn't think that shifting one hour would take such a toll on them, but it sure does.

They were up very early on Sunday morning, their internal clocks not being at all aware of the shift that happened overnight. So I took advantage of the extra time and the nice sunshine to get a few pictures before heading off to church. Mari is not the most cooperative. The other two are more than willing to pose, but, well... Gavin likes to have action shots, you know, of him throwing a football at the camera! Bronwyn loves to pose, it just involves a lot of odd faces and strange hand gestures. I don't know, all I ever did as a kid was stick my tongue out at the camera. At least I was predictable.

Speaking of predictable, I was thinking today that it is likely less difficult to wrestle an alligator than get Mari in her car seat. At least an alligator is predictable, Mari not so much. But, you say, alligators bite, well so does Mari!

I really feel in my bones that this is the year we will skip winter. I just know it! It won't come! I'm so sure of it. Just keep the great weather rolling in.

4 comments:

Andrea R. said...

Love it! Great pictures. Your kids are adorable. I think you've inspired me to start blogging...maybe after Christmas.

Brandi said...

I always love your pics....posed, or not.
And if I may say, I hope Andrea starts a blog!!

Davis Family said...

I dunno Brandi, I think Andrea having a blog is a must. Once that baby arrives folks round here will want news! And often!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting...I always like to catch up on what you and your bunch are up to!
Vicki