Thursday, November 04, 2010

Parental discipline

Gavin has taken to "disciplining" us when he is unhappy. Today he told Daddy, when Daddy corrected him for not listening in the bathtub, that he would take away one of his privileges. "I'll take away your truck." I guess he is struggling with the difference between a privilege and a necessity, since Daddy needs the truck to work and feed the family.

He told me earlier in the day, when I refused to continue reading with he and his sister as they were fighting too much, that he would call my Mom and Dad and tell on me. This didn't cause me to shake in my boots. I asked him what they could do to me. He said they would make me stay at their house for a week. Well now! That would be punishment indeed.

Or course Bronwyn started crying because she didn't want Mommy to go away for a week.

He is trying to exercise his authority, he just needs to do some fine tuning on his methods.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hear you shaking in your boots, as your son must of heard you be disciplined by your mom/dad? Isn't it funny how kids figure things out on their own. You must write down these kind of things for when there older...and when you need a good laugh. Thanks for sharing, Roberta; God Bless You, Gerri

Brandi said...

Hahaha!
I just read this tonight but I'm glad he didn't try this with me earlier today...I would have probably laughed at him...sweet little soul, he is!!