Monday, November 01, 2010

Hang on to your hats






We had the busiest week.

Bronwyn had her Halloween party for preschool on Monday. Mari tagged along and had a blast.

Gavin had a party on Friday at school and that was exciting too.

Saturday was his birthday party. The good news is no one called the cops in to shut the party down. A bunch of very excited young kids = a whole lot of noise! It was great fun. Gavin wanted a pirate party and was pretty specific about what he wanted for a cake. I looked and looked and looked for a little pirate boat. But couldn't find one. I know that now when I go shopping I will find three or four in each store. GRRRR!!

Wes helped me out and together we made a little boat. I did the bottom part he took care of the sails. Team work!

I was barely standing by Sunday morning, but off to church we went and then for lunch with friends and then home to get ready for trick-or-treating. Wes took the kids while I stayed home and handed out candy. One for the cute kid at the door, one for me, and on and on.

Today, I am working very hard at doing as little as I possibly can. That is my goal. I may have to do the dishes, but for now I'm putting that off.

Hope you all had a candy filled weekend.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Hope you get some much deserved rest this week!
Your kids are so adorable :)

Drew and Erin said...

Busy busy! Happy birthday to Gavin. Wow - six - seems like just yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job on the cake! They grow up so fast, don't they?!
Vicki