Saturday, November 13, 2010

Loose ends

I'm feeling a bit restless this weekend. Not sure why. My husband is likely right, it probably is just my "hormones."

I'm just sort of bored and feeling lacking in purpose.

I think we get going at such a pace that when life settles down for a moment or two I don't know what to do. And I have time to sit and look around... at ALL THE PROJECTS THAT NEED DOING! Then I feel overwhelmed and get up to find something else to do. Vicious cycle!

I've been trying to get Christmas organized, get photos etc uploaded and presents ordered. I try to do about 90% of my Christmas shopping on line. I'm not much of a shopper and I dislike crowds. The Internet is great for avoiding people, except Facebook, its littered with them.

I sometimes, while I am doing dishes (usually while I'm doing dishes) wonder what life would be like if we lived in Africa. Poor in Africa. I imagine myself trying to find ways to wash the one cooking dish I own so as not to use up any precious water. It would be like camping, except most places we camp around here have access to potable water. Then I think about how much STUFF we have. And how much of it is necessary. Very very little. That usually get me thinking about going through the kids toys and weeding them down, and OTHER PROJECTS THAT NEED DOING AROUND HERE!

I realize I'm rambling. But that is OK with me, if I wasn't rambling on here, I'd be sitting on the couch doing puzzles or making lists of ALL THE THINGS I NEED TO DO!

Sigh.

4 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

I understand! We have a very restricted budget, AND I hate shopping, so I often end up making a lot of gifts, but that means working at it. As Dec. looms, I know I need to get cracking or else everyone is getting a card!! A little overwhelming to say the least.

Brandi said...

Oh you poor thing!!
But I'm glad....no, very glad that I am not the only one who rambles on on their blog.....although you always have interesting things to say.....me, yeah, not so much....unless you count zombies, my dog and cat and my love of spending of money interesting.....ahem, sorry, rambling......

erinlo said...

Oh, Roberta. I hear you. My head rambles on often about many of the same subjects. Makes me want to....I don't know...watch a zombie movie or something.:)

Davis Family said...

Ha ha Ladies!! I can assure you the last thing I will ever do is watch a zombie movie! To skery for me! I guess I'm left with purging (hopefully before Xmas).