Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It has arrived...

So my prediction that this is the year that we finally evade winter is, well, wrong! Winter landed last night. Unfortunately and in typical Calgary style it came suddenly. So there was rain, freezing rain, slush and then snow.

How do I know this? Since it happened in the night? Well, I can tell by the layers that I shovelled this morning. By the way shovelling is man's work!

Luckily I didn't have to use the van until this afternoon and there was time to figure out how to get the van doors open. They were frozen shut.

This morning, I had to break in to get Gavin's car seat so he could go to school with the neighbors. The only door that would open was the driver side. So I got in and crawled over the front seat to the back. As I did this my butt touched the visor and I got stuck in the rear by the poppy I had tucked up there (so it wouldn't POKE ANY ONE).

So winter has arrived. Today is our busy day. So I get to do all our running around in the snow. Yeah!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

That poppy story will be one to remember!