Monday, January 08, 2007

Surgery date

We have a surgery date. January 22nd. This surgery is called the Glenn. It is another open heart surgery but is slightly less complicated than the last surgery. They are going to attach her superior vena cava to the pulmonary artery so that the blue blood will flow passively to the lungs before being directed to the heart. This will alleviate some strain from her heart. It should also cause her oxygen saturations to be more stable.

While we are nervous about having her go through another rather large ordeal we are also very excited to get this next step over. I personally have nothing of the fear that I had before she was born. Our familiarity with the hospital, the system and our daughter's nature have made me far more confident moving into this next phase.

We do ask, however, that those of you who do pray, please pray for Bronwyn and the rest of the family. We have enjoyed our daughter so much and we want to continue on as family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wes and Roberta,

We are glad that the date is set? How long do you anticipate being in Edmonton this time? Maybe we can come up for a visit. I love doing that!
Hope

Anonymous said...

That comment was supposed to be:
We ARE glad that the date is set. It's not even late...no excuses.
Hope

Anonymous said...

We are praying, I know what you are going through right now. I admire how strong you are, I on the other hand dont feel so strong. I have a lot of days where I just stare at Gavin and cry and we dont even have a date yet. It makes me feel like I am not fully trusting in God about this, but I really am. I believe that he will be there watching over our two little ones as they prepare for another surgery. May you continue to have peace and strength! God bless!! -Faith

Scrawney John Smith said...

Jane and I just became aware of your challenges. We pray that all goes successfully with your daughter's surgery. We'll have your brothers and sisters in Red Deer praying for you.

John Smith