Monday, January 29, 2007

Hanging out


Today is a pajama day. We are just having a low key, TV watching, sit and relax sort of day. We even had chicken noodle soup for lunch. An old fashioned comfort day. We had a pretty crazy weekend so we are just taking it easy today. We are all doing well. I thought I was coming down with the house cold on Saturday but thankfully it seems to have passed me by.

You would all be really quite shocked at how normal my life with the kids is. There are a few odd things of course- like the fact that I have the pharmacy on speed dial - but on the whole we have an average existence. I actually make a point of not trying to obsess about Bronwyn's condition - which sometimes is easier than others. Today it was easy - she is such a sweet girl and it can be so easy to forget that she has such a serious condition. While I was holding her today she sat with her tongue out and a silly grin on her face - wow is she like her dad! Ha.

Gavin's new favourite song is "The Wheel's on the bus". Take it from Mommy this song NEVER gets old. Just super!

I am fairly careful not to see brilliance and brag about it in my kids - but I dunno he really does seem to be fairly artistic. He very intentionally draws, of course it looks nothing like what he says it is but he is trying to draw things. Of course Mommy ends up looking dumb because she can't tell what it is! Silly Mommy - as Gavin says.

So you see my life is very much the life of your average Mom of two kids - I just have more of a reason when I jump up in the night and check her heart rate (admit it - you do it too).

For now we sit at home living our average life waiting for a new surgery date.

5 comments:

Gavin's Mama said...

It is so nice to have those relaxed days! I will pray that she gets her surgery date soon!

Julie Reid said...

Love the pics. Glad to hear all is feeling pretty good. I'm totally amazed at how you handle eveything. We'll have to have Gavin over for one of our very 'artistic' finger painting days soon!!

Lin said...

You look great in the picture as do your kids. I hope everything goes well and I hope we get to see you and your family this summer. Take care

Anonymous said...

We'll have to call soon so Connor and Gavin can share their versions of Wheels on the Bus!

Nicolle said...

Holy moley they're big! When did they get so big? Just hanging out waiting for a surgery update, envying your chicken noodle soup lunch and wondering if Gavin could lay out a brochure and an FSI for me this aft, if he has time. Lemme know.

Nicolle