Friday, January 19, 2007

To clarify

My last post was so brief that I realize now that many of you are unsure or where we are or what happened.

We are in Calgary - we were literally an hour or so away from leaving when I phoned the coordinator in Edmonton. When I said Bronwyn was getting a bit of a cold they cancelled her surgery immediately. There wasn't any questions of how bad or when it started - it was immediate - no surgery.

We now have to wait and call them back when she has been symptom free for a week. Then they will rebook with in the next couple weeks.

The important thing is that her overall health is great and she can sustain this wait. I was of course discouraged but I am now much more rational about it. It felt like a set back at first but now considering how sick we all are here it is a blessing. We will all (particularly Wes & I) be able to handle surgery and everything it entails better if we are all healthy and on the top of our game.

I have rarely through this process felt so overwhelmed that I just couldn't face one more problem. When we first found out about her condition I felt that way and when I couldn't hold her for the first couple days I felt that way too. But as in both of those situations yesterday God provided the help and support that I required to handle what was on my plate. Whether it was a well timed call from a couple supporting and loving friends or the amazing support of my parents and family - God had it covered. I occasionally feel so overwhelmed at how incredibly lucky I am to be surrounded by such care and concern.

We (me and my tapeworm) are good and once again in a better frame of mind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really disapointing. You're an amazing woman Roberta, I think many wouldn't be able to be as tenacious as you. Thanks for being an example for others, which included me. I'm an other.

And don't you forget it.

John

P.S. Rather a lame conclusion to this comment. Ha, sorry.

Julie Reid said...

Yucky, rotten toddler germs! Hang in there Mom! We are thinking of you guys and hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Julie, Mike, & Josslyn

Laurie said...

My mom passed on your blog site to me. It's amazing what you all have gone through. Our congregation was praying for all of you before Bronwyn was born! It's so nice to see her as a happy little baby girl!
Hope the surgery comes soon for her. Will definately continue praying!

Laurie (Hill) Bouchard

Ian said...

I pray that all will turn out for the best; hang in there.
What you said about your Grandma in an earlier post about her laughter brought back an image I have of her and your brother Johnathan. John was trying to make a sandwich and she was trying to help when something John said amused her. Your Grandma had an open container of honey or syrup and with laughing and bowing she managed to make a complete circle of sticky stuff on the kitchen floor. She apparently did manage to stay on her feet through the laughter.