Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Kid's books that I like



There are so many great books for children. I thought I’d just share some of my current favourites. Be advised these are very much preschool and pre-reader books.

Russell The Sheep – by Rob Scotton
Hi! Fly Guy – by Tedd Arnold
Don’t Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late! – by Mo Willems
I’m Sick of It! A Fishy Melodrama – by Vincent Bourgeau
On the Moon – Anna Milbourne and Benji Davies (Usborne)
Scaredy Squirrel – Melanie Watt
The True Story of the Three Little Pigs – Jon Sciezka

There are lots of other fun picture books that both of my kids enjoy. These are just a few of the ones that I really like. After all I read them I should get to pick now and again.

Just for fun – please make a comment if you know of a fun book for kids that I might enjoy too.

6 comments:

erinlo said...

Hi Roberta! I found your blog so randomly today! I was looking at adoption blogs and someone had a link to yours. So so weird!

Anyways- I'm loving reading about your sweet family and the journey you have taken the last year and a half. God is good.

Maybe I'll see you on Sunday???

Anonymous said...

Cameron just brought home a Dr.Seuss book from school that I'd never even heard of before (and I thought we owned each and every one!). It's called "If I Ran the Circus", and is the funniest one yet, in my humble opinion.
Sheri

Anonymous said...

Hannah has two books that literally crack me up, you have to get them for Gavin he would love them! The first is "Skippy Jon Jones" (I do it in my not-so great spanish accent!) and the other is "Click Clack Moo" - I think I find them funnier than Hannah does!

Davis Family said...

Sherry, we like that one too - even though I am not much of a Dr. Seus fan (or at least I find it too much work to read them at bed time). I'll check out the books you suggested too Kim - they sound great.

THANKS!

Janet said...

I doubt Gavin would care much about the books Kellen's been pouring over lately. But I'm really glad to get some suggestions to add to Kellen's collection, so thanks very much for the post! Kellen loves books so much. The last few days he's totally stuck on "Goodnight Moon" and a book about getting a new sister (I hope that's a good sign!)

Lin said...

We have had this book from when harley was little and it just makes me laugh. Kind of along the same lines as "The true story of the three little pigs" same writer I think but it is called "The Stinky Cheese Man and other Fairly Stupid Tales" Almost too old for Gavin but you would definitely enjoy it!