Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Things I love

It is the start of the new Year. We were all awake at midnight to welcome in the New Year. Thanks to teething girls and persistent little boys. I saw in the New Year the way I see in almost every New Year. Doing a jigsaw puzzle (family tradition). Crazy eh?

I decided I'd share some of the thing I love these days. So here it goes.

I love...

... how Gavin makes up names for himself and his sister - trotty and potty are his current favourites.
... how Bronwyn walks around with her arms clasped behind her back.
... how Gavin thanks me for various small things such as driving him to the store.
... how Bronwyn sings along when you start to sing any song and points up in the sky (from twinkle little star).
... watching my parents play with the kids - that is pure joy.
... how hard my hubby works to keep us all happy (not always easy with a cranky wife).
... how Bronwyn wrinkles her nose when she smiles.
... how Gavin says "all aboard" - onaford.
... how generous and loving our friends are.
... that winter is almost over (OK so that one is optimistic at best).
... how my son growls when he is frustrated (where did he learn that?).
... when Gavin said he wanted to meet Jesus and shake his hand and hug him.
... how Bronwyn moans along with her brother when he cries.

Well, this was self indulgent, I know but you do just forget these things and it is the little moments in life that make it worth living.

I must assure you all that in addition to the list above we love so many of you who read this blog. Our family and friends mean so much to us. We wish you all great joy in the new Year.

3 comments:

Gavin's Mama said...

What a sweet post! We LOVE reading about your family... Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

That is a cool list! May I steal portions of it (name withheld of course) for a sermon on "Thankfulness" that I want to do soon? I will give you a cut of the proceeds if it goes to print and becomes part of a best selling book. ;)

Seriously though - let me know if I can use some of this. Thanks!

Davis Family said...

Feel free to use it Tim. I trust you. I could do a post on racing if you'd like to use that too?