Saturday, January 19, 2008

Serious reflections

Wow - I feel very serious at the moment. I received an email from my old boss (I mean old as in past not that he is old!) with some info about a coworker. This was a coworker who I didn't really know. She started when I was on my first maternity leave and I didn't get many opportunities to visit with her. But she was sweet. She passed away from cancer a month ago.

I knew she was sick but I had not heard of the outcome. I went through my old emails and found a link to her blog and I spent sometime reading. One post she said how she looked forward to being a real mom again. How when she was healed she would chase her daughter in the park and enjoy her.

This came as a bit of a wake up call for me today. Gavin has decided he gets up early and he kept waking me up in the night - Mommy, come here... you know the drill. So I have been feeling a bit cranky and sorry for myself.

Then I read these reflections and I realize that this coworker would have loved to be woken up in the night to go lay beside her baby!

I was impressed with her faith and dignity. Maybe it doesn't hurt to be reminded to be thankful for our blessings. After all perhaps our problems and blessings are the same thing just a difference in our attitude.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After all perhaps our problems and blessings are the same thing just a difference in our attitude.

I think that is so true, Roberta! Thanks for sharing that!

Hope

Janet said...

Yes, thanks for sharing. I need to be reminded to enjoy ALL the moments. Life is precious.