Monday, May 18, 2009

The real mother's day




Yesterday was my real mother's day. The actual mother's day was a bit of a bust for me. A nice day - but not exactly a special I feel pampered day. I basically chased the kids at Mom and Dad's while Wes, Jon and Dad watched hockey. So you know...
Saturday Wes worked. But yesterday was lovely. We have had a really low key weekend. After church we went for Chinese and then kids slept and when they woke up I took them to the neighbor's to play while Wes fixed the kitchen sink. We then ordered pizza and had a great visit with some really great friends. We are so blessed to have such wonderful neighbors!
Today Wes worked but came home early. The Mackenzie's came for supper and again we had a lovely visit.
This felt like mother's day - so I'm happy!

We've also been enjoying playing in the basement. The lights aren't all in and the plug ins aren't covered and their are lots of touch ups to do on the paint and the baseboards need to be put on - but wow its nice to have the extra space. Wes has done a really fabulous job - I am very proud of him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!!! I think that I must come and see it for myself!!
Hope

Davis Family said...

Lets talk Hope - it is time we had you guys over for dinner!