Friday, May 08, 2009

Sweet little boy


Today at Gavin's preschool they had the mom's come early so they could have a little Mother's day party. They sat us down on their little chairs (some say "have a seat", I say "half a cheek"), brought us cake and juice. They then had a couple songs to sing for us and then gave us a calendar they have been working on since mid April.

Gavin was beaming. He kept watching me while he was singing and he had the biggest silliest grin on his face. It was SOOO sweet. Obviously the other mothers felt the same way. Several were wiping tears from their faces by the end of the second song (not me I was raised to be unemotional and callous).

There isn't much that would make this Mother's day nicer at this point.

Ahhh, my little boy - I just can't believe it! He's growing up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow Berta I barely recognized him in the picture he is getting so big! I think back to when he had to stand up tall and reach for the elevator button at the hospital! hope you have a great Mother's Day!!
kim