Tuesday, May 05, 2009

We laughed

Bronwyn often tells me stories that end with - "and we laugh and laugh."

Today Grandma Joan came to visit and brought the kids their Christmas presents (I know I know). Anyhow, Gavin opened his and wanted to open Mari's but Joan wanted him to wait until Bronwyn got up from her nap for that. So he went and dug out a colouring book of Bronwyn's. It has a princess on the front and has been buried under stuff for quite a long time.

He gave it to Joan and told her that she could give Bronwyn that. I found that very fun and was teasing Joan that next year at Christmas I'd come to her house and check out her house, find something I like and then "give" it to her. And we laugh and laugh!

Anyhow, then Bronwyn got up and Gavin showed her the colouring book while she opened the other gifts. She walked around hugging the colouring book and thanking Joan for it over and over. Joan insisted she was happy to take credit for the gift. Again - we laugh and laugh.

I also find myself laughing a lot over Gavin's interpretation of a Home Hardware commercial. They have a little jingle - Home owners, helping home owners. The other night in the van he was singing that little song like so - Home homers help me home homers. So help me I can't get that out of my head. Ahhh - so cute.

Any way - I have to go to sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

C'mon, the joy of regifting is ehanced if you are regifitng someone else's gifts. A Christmas gift that was definitly worth waiting for! And one wouldn't want to confuse a little girl bent on saying thank you.
Love your style, little Bronna.
Grandma Joan

Drew and Erin said...

I laughed and laughed at this story!