Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First day of preschool






Oh my goodness, my baby is growing up. I had no idea how hard it would be for me. I am not a sentimental person. If I were doing a personality test and the choices were - a. uncomfortable with emotion, b. not overly sympathetic, c. too blunt and pragmatic, d. all the above - I'd circle D. So imagine my surprise as I was fighting back tears trying not to let my son see me almost falling apart. I wanted him to have a fun, carefree time and I didn't want him to read any anxiety in my actions. Wow! Who knew I was such a softy.

Well, he went and he enjoyed it. He was very tired after school and in fact is now flaked out on the couch - so tonight could be interesting!!

I took the kids outside before we left so I could get some first day of school picts. I had him put his backpack on, and of course Bronwyn needed hers too - even though she stayed home with Grandma today. Speaking of Mom, she has saved my bacon this week. I have been doing a fair bit of work this week and needed to go to the office several times - she has looked after the kids and been just so wonderfully supportive.

Anyhow - here are some pictures from today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just like you! Except that it didn't just happen at the first day of preschool, it has happened the first day of kindergarten and grade one also! But, the great side is that school tires out your children! I feel that that in itself justifies paying the taxes that go towards school funding! Take care! kim