Saturday, September 13, 2008

Wow - where did that week go




You know it is crazy.

I remember when I was pregnant with Gavin I finished work about 3 weeks before my due date. Once at home I rested and prepared and went out for lunch and generally filled my days. Three weeks before I had Bronwyn I was already finished work and I was packing up house and preparing to relocate to Edmonton for as long as we had too. I was chasing after Gavin and having frequent appointments and echos.

My due date is in now in three weeks again. I still have one lingering work project that has yet to wrap up. I'm not preparing for Bronwyn's next surgery (yet - thankfully) but I still have lots of appointments. I am still chasing after Gavin - well, and Bronwyn too. Gavin has preschool and we seem to be busy all the time. Just when I think I'm going to have a quiet day at home with the kids our plans change and we end up running.

Maybe its a good thing - I haven't had time to think about the next phase I'm just too busy for the moment. I just cannot believe the time has flown so fast. Crazy stuff!

Today the kids were up pretty early, so we spontaneously decided to go to Drumheller, to the dinosaur museum there. It was Wes' idea. Gavin has been in a dinosaur phase. Really, this has been such a bummer for me. Seriously, if you want to feel like a first grader again who is trying to learn how to read and being scolded by your bag of a teacher and made to feel stupid because you are stumbling over the letters (sorry childhood baggage); then pick up a book about dinosaurs and try to pronounce the names of these beasts. For heavens sake, why couldn't they use more simple names? Why is it that all our modern animals have names like - horse, dog, cat, cow - but dinosaurs have these horrible icantpronouncesaurus names?

Gavin loved it. Although I had to explain and explain and explain why he can't just go dig bones. He is just so sure that there is somewhere in Drumheller where he can go and dig dinosaur bones. I said, he had to be with a special team and have special permission and that it was a protected area. He told me that he could go with his Daddy because he was special. I said - Yes, Dad is special but he isn't exactly a paleontologist.

We did have a couple treats this week. I got to go out - by myself - and visit with my dear friend Katherine - that was super lovely. And we also got to meet the brand new baby Kalia (Mel and Scott's new girl).

As busy as we are - we haven't lost interest all the happenings in the world that are affecting people we love. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and folks in Texas and other hurricane hit areas. We are also anxiously following the recent developments in Zimbabwe and praying for a resolution that truly helps. We also have been praying for the families who have been struggling with illness and medical problems.

I wanted to mention this because I want those we love to be assured that we think of them often and that we care deeply about your struggles.

No comments: