Monday, September 29, 2008

Tears, fears and false labour





It has been a bit of a crazy weekend. We went for a long walk in the park with our neighbors (Max and family) Saturday morning and had the most wonderful time. Later that night I started to have labour pains, not strong ones but enough to cause me to pack a bag for me and the kids. Sunday we proceeded as normal and the labour pains subsided.

We learned Sunday afternoon that little Drew Clark passed away. Our hearts were very heavy for the Clarks and all their family. That is where the tears come in.

Again last night I had false labour - again mild but enough for us to get the bassinet in place and the room sorted out. The baby will be in our room at first.

Thank goodness for false alarms or we'd have nothing done when this baby comes.

I am fairly nervous about this delivery - I don't know why. I guess after going through what we went through with Bronwyn you realize just how much can go wrong. The false labour also has me a bit freaked. I am so worried about not having enough notice to get to the hospital (which is 5 minutes away) and make adequate plans for the kids. Really it is silly - I know Matt and Natasha (best neighbors ever) would help us out at any time day or night. Maybe it is just the hormones.

On the lighter side. Gavin and Bronwyn are doing well. Gavin has taken to walking around the house saying "For Pete's sake child." I have no idea where he heard that (I think I mentioned in a previous post how short tempered I am). He also has been saying - mostly to Mommy - "Zip it!" Again - NO idea where he learned that!

Bronwyn has been doing really well sleeping in her big girl bed - well in fact so has Gavin - he sleeps at one end of the bed and she sleeps at the other. She has been coming to bed with us only occasionally now. I am sooooo happy about this. They are both just growing and changing so much. We are so thankful for our two little happy children and are praying that number three arrives safely and without complications.

Finally, I ask that if you can pray for the Clarks and the Staples families.

1 comment:

Janet said...

THinking of you very much. Am praying for an easy labour and for lots of time to get to the hospital! Can't wait for your beautiful blessing to arrive.