Saturday, October 17, 2009

Plugging along

We are doing fine. Kids are great. Bronwyn has been doing well. I was a bit worried about her for a couple days, her breathing seemed a bit more laboured than normal but I think I was watching her maybe a wee bit too closely. She continues to heal and to look better every day.

They were able to pick out their Halloween costumes this morning. I'd rather have "home-made" costumes - but we never seem to have enough time. Both Gavin and Bronwyn were very specific in what they were willing to get. I offered up several options but they were only willing to pick just the one costume. I'll have to get some pictures soon.

Mari didn't care which one I picked - she was asleep.

Wes and Gavin went out for lunch - just the two of them - for fries. Both boys have been such great sports about participating in Bronwyn's wacky little diet. I thought they both could use a treat - as long as they don't tell Bronwyn!!

I have been finding it quite hard to adjust to our routines again. Not sure why, still sick, very tired and well, just recuperating from such a major interruption to our normal life. I am sure it is very normal but daily life is requiring a great deal of energy.

I have a tendency to underplay how I feel and what I have been experiencing, but to be honest I don't remember ever having such a nasty cold nor having it last so long. I'd be worried about H1N1 except I have never had a fever. I have also ruled out meningitis (there was a little baby across the hall from us with meningitis). Maybe its bronchitis. I usually wait until I am satisfied with my own diagnosis before I venture to the doctor. I don't like surprises.

I hope this week will feel a bit smoother. Although we have a ton of appointments this week. Several for Mari and a big one for Bronwyn.

I thought I'd let you all know how we are doing.

No comments: