Thursday, October 08, 2009

So things change


We were about to go for a walk with Bronwyn when Lois, on of our favourite Nurse Practitioners (of course Shirley is our absolute favourite) told us to go back to our room for a bit.

They needed our room and we were going to be discharged for the night and brought back tomorrow to have her chest tubes removed. So we are at Tom and Pam's right now, chest tubes and all. We have to be back by 7 am to for blood work and then we go upstairs to have them remove her tubes. After that they will send us on our way.

A day earlier than I had scheduled - not bad!

I best run, a little girl is harassing me to get her strawberries.

6 comments:

erinlo said...

Woohoo!!! I am SO SO excited to hear this news! Bronwyn looks amazing. Happy Thanksgiving, Davis Family. There is much to be thankful for. Much, indeed!

Joan Bailey said...

Oh my goodness, I am thankful. I can hardly see what I am writing for the tears!!!!
What a day to rejoice. Get better fast Mama. You have a little champion to chase around when you get home. And two other little champs awaiting who will want their share of chasing too.
What a sweet reunion in your own little home. Welcome back to normal, whatever that looks like. It will be so nice to have you all home. Safe driving.
Love to all.

jenn with two n's said...

So glad for all of you! And yes Happy Thanksgiving--this will be one to remember. Love from our home.

lemoinechek said...

What a great Thanksgiving treat! Enjoy having all your family home and together.

(If you were to ask me I also consider pumpkin pie low-fat.)

Andrea Reid said...

Hi Berta!
I have thinking about all of you each day and praying for your little princess. Thanks for posting the pictures! It will be great to catch up with you when you are back home. God is at work here too! We will continue to pray and thank God for covering all of us!

Andrea again... said...

Whoops! I should edit my stuff first. Please forgive me... The teacher in me hates unedited stuff!