Friday, October 30, 2009

Tomorrow will be busy




Tomorrow is Halloween and a Saturday. So as a result we are having the big man's fifth birthday on the actual day. Which is making for a crazy busy time for me. And I still feel rotten. Really I do. I was actually feeling almost over this nutty cold this weekend when Sunday night it hit me again, or maybe a new cold. Well, whatever it is I'm done!! I've had enough!

I have been scrambling today to try and do what I can. But I have had some issues. Well, lets just say one issue. Mari. Sheeesh the trouble that child can get into. Really she ought to be far more supervised than she is. Honestly!

There were a few cute moments too, but I think for me the highlight was the "laying on her belly face down" temper tantrum. That was pretty special. Neither of my other two have ever done anything like that. I blame it on the red hair (call her little Tom).

Gavin is still feeling pretty sick, pretty stuffed up still. I hope he feels back to normal for his big party tomorrow. I'd hate to cancel at this point.

I'm going to post a picture of his cake today, cause he won't see this, and if I post tomorrow it will likely be the trick-or-treaters that I post. I doesn't show too well. It is a dinosaur dig - in case you can't make it out. This is the third year running we have had a dinosaur cake. I'm running out of ideas.

I have to try find some energy from somewhere. Oh, and I can't just ask Wes to bring supper home, because we are still on this beastly diet. Grrr.

In case you are worried that I am cranky, this is nothing. You should have seen me on Wednesday, I nearly took a round out of a little snot nosed crossing guard at Gavin's school. Now that day I was grouchy. REALLY GROUCHY! Today, a bit annoyed and busy. But OK.

2 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

cool cake! I recognized it right away, only I thought it was sand in a pan. Is this where your cake story was inspired from? Tell me it wasn't from scratch! I love to get creative with cakes, but not the actual making of it, just the design and decorations- you know the fun stuff. Hope your today went well and that you will be able to rest and relax once it's over!

Davis Family said...

It was from scratch - even the ginerbread - which I used to make the bones and the "dirt." Yes the story was inspired by the cake process.