Friday, October 02, 2009

A bit bummed

Bronwyn is still doing well. We were moved to a room where I can stay with her last night. It is not on the cardiac unit but the adjoining one - the one they keep all the contagious kids on. Lots of hand washing happening. I didn't have my bag with me - so I'm on the 36 hour of these clothes. Nice eh?

I got in my head that it would be appropriate that we get released this weekend. I even got our prescriptions lined up to fill so I can do that today. I was just so sure we'd be ready by Saturday. Well on rounds this morning that was dispelled.

I know I am unrealistic. I know I am expecting too much. I know I am pushing too hard. But I know I am more than ready to get my girl out of here.

But, suck it up and behave. My new motto.

Bronwyn is getting more energy. She by times seems in a great deal of pain, but others is more comfortable. She tried to get out of bed to come to my bed last night, but her cables wouldn't reach. So I climbed in with her and spent most of the night in the most crunched position imaginable.

Wes and Gavin are here right now - having a bite. Bronwyn is sleeping. Mari is at Uncle Tom and Pam's with the Grands. She is eating and yapping - "dadadadada." Can't get the kid to say Mom. In fact last night when I saw her she stared at me like, "You look vaguely familiar - do I know you from somewhere?"

I need a better night sleep that is all. I hate hospitals, have I mentioned that.

Bronwyn needs to drink more, pee more and poop. If she can do all that today we might still make my time frame (ok ok - I give up!).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know its hard - we go through the same thing, being all on edge "let's get the hell out of here!" so i am being the worst hypocrite when i say to breathe (in a non-condescending way) and to relax and that before you know it your princess will be home again. you guys are in our thoughts - let me know if there is anything we can do to make things more bearable! loved seeing you the other day, you looked great, even in clothes that have been worn for hours too long! big hug, kim

erinlo said...

Praying for peace that passes all understanding this evening, Roberta. You are a blessing to me and a LOT of other people! Hang in there!

jenn with two n's said...

You're in our thoughts and prayers.
Love Angela and Jenn