Monday, March 15, 2010

If the plug is pulled tonight (hypothetical)

So if an electrical storm is to take out the Internet tonight...

My house will still be warm. You just won't get to hear about it.

My children will still grow. You just won't get to see the photos.

Events will still happen. I just won't be able to share them.

I never intended to blog. The blog was a bi-product. A way to get information out to the maximum number of people. Our journey as a family lead me to want to blog. Sharing this journey has kept me blogging.

Writing about our world has helped me recognize my blessings and see the importance of communicating with each other.

I love opening my life to you. I love that family and friends keep up with us and know what we are doing. I love that you are all interested in how fast our world is spinning.

My hand would break if I had to write to each of you individually. Besides, I'm great at writing letters just horrible at getting them to the mail box. I have cousin Marj's Christmas card sitting, stamp already applied, on the shelf by the front door. At this point I think I'll just hang on to it until next year - save some time.

I love that the odd stranger has wandered on to my blog and found it interesting. That strange connectedness that I can feel with people I have only met in cyberspace.

Do I feel less private. Not really, trust me I don't share the really private stuff. I like living in a glass house, with drapes. I can allow the world to see part of our world, but not all of it.

I've never been a discrete person. To know me is to pretty much have access to all my thoughts. The strange thing is that I am more restrained on this blog than I am in person. Gives me more refinement than I have on my own.

I love this blog and I'll be sad to loose it. It has been a relationship, maybe one sided at times, but not at others. The comments and emails that came when we most needed them buoyed us and carried us through some of our darkest days. You will never understand your kindness to us. By dropping a sentence or two in our comment box you have given us hope and support. Its also just knowing that you are out there, reading & caring.

I'll would miss the process of writing about our life and adventures. The thought, editing, weeding, reconsidering... it has helped me define myself and my family.

If the Internet were to crumble over night I'll still be here, but I'll miss talking to you.

"Mabel’s Labels BlogHer ‘10 Contest"

2 comments:

Zahn Family Blog said...

I loved this. So glad you did it. I had every intention but looks like my immunity to the cold that has been circling got me. But I'm so glad you did. Its just a great read if nothing else.

Davis Family said...

Sorry to hear that Jenn. I was looking forward to what you would produce as your entry for the contest. Thanks for the heads up by the way.