Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm so excited


I got a new clothes line (picture up top). I just can't contain my excitement. I'm thrilled. We've been meaning to get one for ages, but in typical Davis' fashion we couldn't agree on what to get. Unfortunately, our dryer packed it in a couple weeks ago, which forced us to make a decision. I decided that since I do 95% of the laundry, that I should get what I want!
I hung my first load out on Saturday. It was too cold and too late in the day, but I didn't care. I will stop my discussion of the clothes line here, as my husband has informed me that no one else shares my level of excitement. Well, buy your own I say, you can be just as excited as me! Oh, just think of the money we will save this summer...
We had an amazing weekend. So much fun, and I don't just mean buying a new clothes line. There were trips to the library, fort building, play time with neighbors, kite flying with cousins, good food, and very tired kids by Sunday night.
All around great weekend. This week is Gavin's spring break. I just love not having to keep a schedule and just doing whatever we want. So lovely.
I included this little picture of Mom and Mari - aren't they cute!


3 comments:

Brandi said...

I am SO on your level of nerdiness...I would love to have a clothesline!!!!! For real :)

Jolie said...

I string up some rope between my fences in the summer to dry clothes! Actually, mostly my white sheets... LOVE that fresh air and sunshine on my white sheets!! I've been tempted to buy a real contraption like you're so excited to have gotten, but I'm worried it won't fit my king sheets... and I'm too lazy to do ALL my laundry that way! Reminds me of Spain though, where everything was done that way!

Julie Reid said...

I LOVE your clothes line! I have always wanted one too! I am very excited for you. And I totally agree about spring break. It is so fun. This kindergarten things cramps my style!