Sunday, February 25, 2007

A day trip


I have through all of this experience tried to keep our lives fairly normal and not be too influenced by Bronwyn's illness. This hasn't been easy however, that is why yesterday was so enjoyable.

We went to Banff with the kids to meet up with my best friend Alison and her family. She was there for a conference. We just had a blast and it was a great day to just get away for a few hours and pretend that we are just a normal family (again as normal as any family of mine could be).

Ali and Darren have a daughter, Aleya, who is 3 and a little (ahem) boy, Austin, who is about 2 weeks younger than Bronwyn. Any time we have been together thus far Gavin and Aleya have really enjoyed each other and it looks like Bronwyn and Austin hit it off too.

At the restaurant we were at Gavin and Aleya decided that they should dance together. It was so funny. Aleya is quite a good dancer, which is amazing because I have seen her mother dance - ha sorry Al. They were having a great time but they were getting in everyone's way.

We just enjoyed our visit so much. I have to say I am so proud of Alison and Darren. They are such excellent parents and have been such great friends to us. Alison has been a wonderful support to me through this latest struggle as well as many others in my life.

We love you guys and miss you!

2 comments:

Divã de Noiva said...

passando para conhecer!!!

Mindy, Peyton, and Brady Seeber said...

Roberta,
My mom just gave me your blog address. You have such a beautiful family. I am so glad to hear that your little girl is doing okay! Your family will be in our prayers!!!

Dwayne and Mindy(Russell)Seeber