Sunday, February 18, 2007

Mom is less grumpy today

But I am very very tired. I had a much better night last night at the hospital because I didn't have a roommate. The nurse, who had been Bronwyn's nurse the night before, redirected a patient that was supposed to be put in Bronwyn's room. She told them to put the patient in another available room because she felt that Mom needed a rest. I could have kissed her! Seriously!

We are at the condo - yes all of us. We are coming home tomorrow morning. Dr. Rebeyka walked by Bronwyn's room today and asked - Why is she still here? After I heard that I was hot to trot to track down the doctor on call so we could be released. My one regret is that we got a new roommate just as we were being released - it was baby Quinn. Now that is a roommate I would have loved! I was almost disappointed that I wasn't staying one more night so I could bond with him. Kim and Ben (Quinn's parents) have been such a great support to us and we wish them all the blessings that God can give.

Again, I have to say, bad roommate experience aside we are so thrilled for the wonderful care and skill of the people at the Stollery. Our daughter has done much better than expected and she charmed and won the hearts of everyone who cared for her. Mostly I am just so overwhelmed when I think of what God has done for us. I am so very grateful that he has seen us through yet another scary time. You should see me trying to sing Jesus loves the little children - I become such a mess.

Mom and Dad have been so amazing. We couldn't ask for better support. We will be eternally grateful for their care and love.

Thanks again to all of you who have prayed and wished us well. We are so sure that the multitude of prayers has been answered with abundance. As well thank you to all the Churches of Christ across western Canada that have been praying for her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Wes and Roberta,
I imagine you are home now, so it is good to have you back. Let us know if you feel like getting together, we could come over for a visit!
Hope

Anonymous said...

Hey Roberta and Wes,
I was reading your blog and wanted to comment on Bronwyn winning the hearts of all because when you guys left our room and the nurses were cleaning up one of the nurses commented to the other just how adorable Bronwyn was....it was kind of neat because they didn't know that I know you so I got to eavesdrop and not feel guilty!! Just wanted to bring a smile to your face!
Kim