Friday, February 16, 2007

We are upstairs

Bronwyn was moved yesterday late afternoon to the Cardiology ward. I stayed with her last night as she is nursing. Have I mentioned before just how much I love staying at the hospital! Yippee. Anyhow - I love my girl that should get me through.

They are talking about possibly sending us home early next week. That is provided all goes well over the weekend. They did discover a blood clot in her neck (from the IV). This happened after the first surgery too. It just means that we need to keep giving her the needles she was getting before surgery.

They were calling her the super star on rounds this morning. Of course she's a superstar! Well that and she has the best pediatric cardiac surgeon in the world (this never hurts I suppose).

I'd be thrilled to my toes if I was so horribly tired. Have I mentioned I hate sleeping in hospitals. I was so pleased last night when I got back to her room because her night nurse was one of my favourite nurses from her visit last time. It was so wonderful to see a familiar face let alone such a wonderful nurse.

Sorry I haven't had photos in a while - I will try to get some posted soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you Wes and Bert!!! We serve an amazing God!!!! He never ceases to amaze us through Bronwyn's recovery.
We think of you often and we pray that God will continue to give you strength and a good night's sleep!!!!

God Bless,

Shibu and Claudia

Gavin's Mama said...

YAY!!! I cant believe that our heart babies were in the hospital at the same time! Sounds like she is progressing well, I would have commented earlier but now that we are home I able to catch up! We will pray for a speedy recovery and hang in there, I dislike "living" in what we call the prision too! ha

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled to hear that our little fighter is coming back so strong. We have been so encouraged by your continued faith and your willingness to give Bronwyn's ultimate care over to God. We continue to keep you all in our prayers.

Mike, Andrea and Jake