Thursday, February 22, 2007

I am so tired


I won't often admit this - but I am absolutely bone tired today. I think Bronwyn has decided to gain back all the weight she lost in 2 nights. Wes was howling at me the other night because I brought her to bed to feed her at some point (no memory of when). I fell asleep while she was nursing. Later on she decided to eat more and she just rolled over and latched on again - I woke up with a start and said "Where did you come from?" I couldn't figure out how she got there or how long she had been there. I am hoping that she is feeling full tonight and will sleep a bit longer.

A friend of mine (you know who you are) told me the other day that I am looking more and more maternal in all the pictures - I assured her its the lack of sleep. I then told her that you wake up one day and your focus is totally changed - there are moments when this really hits you hard.

For example: I have never been what I would call "plugged in" to pop culture, but I think I have hit an all time low. When we were in Edmonton I told Mom and Dad that I wanted to watch Oprah that day. I am not a big Oprah fan, I don't mind it - I just can take it or leave it. But this day I really wanted to see it. Why? Because she was having Daniel Cook on her show. When the celebrity that you are most interested in is a 9 year old from Treehouse you can suddenly feel pretty pathetic!

I know a lot of Mom's out there who are plenty cool so this is no way a reflection of motherhood in general - just the sad state of affairs in this household.

Best run the girl is cranking up!

No comments: