Saturday, February 17, 2007

Mom is grumpy today

Many times through this process people have told us how well we have handled the situation. I always say "We don't have a choice." I also add that I haven't met any parents who haven't been handling it well and most people just do what they have to do. Well, I guess I finally met parents who seem to be unable to handle it. In fact I shared a room with them last night. Their little guy had a fairly non-invasive procedure but their son was the only patients in the hospital.

I will not gripe to much about my awful night but I will tell this one funny story. The mom was chatting with the Doctor about sedating her son because he couldn't sleep because of all the noise (that would be me). I wasn't supposed to be listening but what can I say I was 7 feet away. Anyhow, they were discussing the sedative and finally the doctor suggested that it might do her son more good if she took the sedative not him. I nearly peed my pants trying not to laugh.

They have been discharged which is great! Never been so happy to see the back of anyone.

On the upside, Dr. Rebeyka was by today and was saying just how great Bronwyn was doing and how rare it is to look at sending a 2nd stage Norwood baby home so soon after surgery. We are just so disgustingly proud of our girl. The cardiologist was laughing because she just stares at him when he comes to talk with us. If he moves she follows him with her eyes. I told him that it is the white coat. Those people who wear white coats do things to her - poke her etc.

We hope to be home soon - thanks again for all your love and support.

1 comment:

Gavin's Mama said...

During Gavins first surgery in stepdown we had to share a room with another patient, we had the opposite problem, the parents never stayed with their 4 month old baby and the poor baby cried all night, it broke my heart! Not fun sharing rooms! We didnt have to experience that this time because we were in the new childrens hospital. Gavin does the same thing, if he sees white coats or groups of people he has his eyes glued on them! These heart babies are so smart! I am glad Brownyn is doing so well!!