Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Just a funny note

We are doing well. Bronwyn ate well this afternoon when they gave her a bottle. They are weaning her off her meds and her various IV's quickly. This is a much faster process than the last operation.

We took Gavin to see Bronwyn this evening. I thought it would help him to understand why she isn't coming home. As you walk into the PICU they have lino stars in the floor (I had never noticed before this evening). Gavin saw the stars and started singing "twinkle twinkle little star" - or "tinko tinko ito tar" (as he says it). He was singing quite loudly. All the staff that we passed by stopped to see who was singing - he is shorter than all the equipment so he was hard to see. As we got close to Bronwyn's area we passed by a meeting of doctors and nurses. He continued to sing as we walked by everyone. He sang until he was done the song. Everyone was so amused. They all stopped every conversation and just listened and joked about Gavin and his singing. I over-heard one of the doctors say "Well, that just made my day!"

What a cutie! I'll say it even though I am biased.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would make my day too! I just love your kids Berta! I am so proud of you and how you deal with all this... you know a child who draws such attention to himself! Love you and praying for you! We are off to Ladies Retreat this weekend so I know many prayers will be said for your wee girl! Love ya! Andrea

Anonymous said...

I've heard him sing before and he has a good set of lungs on him (wonder who he gets that from?!). I have no doubt he impressed the staff.

Anonymous said...

Praise God. I have been thinking of you and Wes and we have been praying for you. It is so encouraging to hear the updates - thanks.

Rick and Michelle