Thursday, September 28, 2006

Grandma's Poem

(This if for your benefit Eric)

My Door to Peace
by Lavine K. Bailey

Whenever I am troubled, and
Lost in deep despair,
I bundle all my troubles up,
And go to God in prayer.

I tell him I am heartsick
And lost and empty, too,
That my mind is deeply burdened,
And I don't know what to do.

But I know he stilled the tempest,
And calmed the angry sea;
I humbly ask if in his love,
He'll do the same for me.

And then I just keep quiet, and
Think only thoughts of peace:
And if I abide in stillness,
My restless murmurings cease.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had also noticed that poem in the Sister Triangle, and thought it was so good! What a wonderful lady, and a great reminder of her!

We're still praying for all of you -- love the pictures -- and I think you are doing so wonderfully well, all of you! God's blessings, wisdom, love and laughter be with you all!
Kathy and Dale Elford in Carman

Anonymous said...

That poem is a treasure! It's so encouraging to see how God speaks. I'm glad that you were given that.

We pray for you and miss you every day.

Love,
Andrea