Friday, September 29, 2006

Latest news

We are being discharged straight from the Edmonton hospital. The Calgary hospital stalled so long that there is no point in going there now. So we will be seeing many of you soon.

Bronwyn is doing well. The issue we may have is reminding people that she is still a sick baby. She looks so great and is doing so well that it will be very easy to forget. It is like a mechanic working on your car's engine and Friday afternoon he hands you the keys and says - "I'm not done, but you can take it for the weekend. Just don't drive too fast or go to far and if you see any smoke coming from the engine get out immediately!" So for us coming home is scary but also so exciting.

I get teary eyed when I think of everyone who has helped us so much. All the staff here, all the friends who have called, emailed or visited, all the prayers, our neighbors at home who have taken care of things for us, other parents here who have supported us, oh and the list could go on and on and on. I do know that I could not have managed this far if it wasn't for my husband and my parents. Mom and Dad have done so much - they have basically been at our disposal as we need and have cared for Gavin as only Grandparents can. Mom told me the other night that she and Dad have decided they are not going to have any more kids!

Bronwyn has been on the high end of the recovery scale. One of the nurses today told me that they have not sent a Norwood baby home without a feeding tube in a very very long time. We are so thankful that God has given her the strength that she needed to not only recover but recover with flying colours. We just pray that He will continue to carry her forward and give us peace knowing that He is watching over her.

Many of you have asked about baby Quinn. I have been slow in responding as there has been a fair bit of debate about which treatment option they should pursue. They are concerned that he is not stable enough to continue just waiting for a heart. They are deciding what procedure/surgery option should be attempted. Kim is handling it all very well. Some of the best doctors in the hospital/Canada/the World, are working on the situation and I am confident that God will guide there minds and hands in all that they do. So continue to pray for Quinn and family.

You can also pray for my new little buddy Noah. I can't go into details but he is 10 and just a great little kid. God knows what he needs so we just need to pray that he gets it.

I will keep you all posted about our return home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us informed how everything is going. We are thrilled that you will be coming home. We know that God will continue to bless Bronwyn while she grows stronger.
Love, Myles, Dana, Brenam & Abbey

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! That is exciting news Roberta! We are so happy that she is doing so well. I'm sure it will feel so nice being back at home. We'll continue to pray that all will still go well and you won't have to return to the hospital until you reach your next obstacle in making her well. We continue to pray at the Estevan Church every sunday for you. Your in many peoples thoughts and prayers at this time. Crystal

Suzanne said...

Yea!!!! I am so glad that you are coming home! I can't wait to see you and meet your sweet little girl (when you feel ready). You have been in my prayers and will continue to be.
Love you!
Suzanne